What is the Erectile Dysfunction Trial Pack?
The Erectile Dysfunction Trial Pack is a collection of three ED medicines, each based on a different active ingredient. In general, all are so-called PDE-5 inhibitors and affect the blood flow to the penis. That’s why it is not so easy to establish which is the best for each individual. DoktorABC makes three Trial Pack versions available. The idea is to provide you with the possibility to take different active ingredients and let you experience how each works for you.
Which medications are included in the Trial Pack?
Trial Packs at DoktorABC include primarily brand medications. You receive 4 pills of each. There is also an option that includes generic medicines, which use the same active ingredient as the original. Generic medications are tested and licensed and require a doctor’s prescription, just like the branded versions.
- Viagra 50mg + Cialis 10mg + Levitra 10mg
- Viagra 50mg + Cialis 10mg + Spedra 50mg
- Sildenafil 50mg + Tadalafil 10mg + Spedra 50mg
- Sildenafil 50mg + Tadalafil 10mg + Vardenafil 10mg
What is the difference between the medications?
At first glance, they all appear the same - Erectile Dysfunction medications are all based on PDE-5 inhibitors as the active ingredient and they are hard to differentiate. The deviation in the duration of their effectiveness is what catches the eye. However, there are also variances in the possible side effects, the time to action and the way they should be taken.
- Viagra - active ingredient Sildenafil: The first ever Erectile Dysfunction medication offered by the pharmaceutical company Pfizer has been on the market since 1998. Swallow a Sildenafil containing tablet 60 minutes before planned intercourse. The effect lasts for about 4 hours. It is best not to take this medication with heavy meals or alcohol. For details about side effects, check the side effects tab.
- Cialis - active ingredient Tadalafil: Cialis is offered by Lilly Pharm since 2003 as an alternative to Viagra. Its main advantage is that Cialis can last for up to 36 hours. Tadalafil containing medications are taken at least 30 minutes before sexual activity. It is recommended not to take the tablet in combination with alcohol. Make sure to get more information on the side effects tab.
- Levitra - active ingredient Vardenafil: Levitra was introduced the same year as Cialis by the German manufacturer Bayer. The medicine should be taken 30-60 minutes before you want to achieve an erection and its effect lasts for up to 7 hours. Vardenafil has the advantage of being more physically agreeable, side effects are reported less frequently. Grapefruit juice, fatty meals, and alcohol are best avoided during treatment. Go to the side effects tab for more information.
- Spedra - active ingredient Avanafil: The youngest among the Erectile Dysfunction medications manufactured by Menarini International since 2012. Avanafil takes effect as quickly as 15 minutes after intake. It can last for about 6 hours. Recommendations are not to take Spedra with or after a heavy meal or drink alcohol during treatment. Please find detailed information on the side effects tab.
What is the purpose of a Trial Pack?
Each person has different preferences and habits, and each individual reacts differently to the substances included in a medication. While there are some clear indicators as to when you must not take a specific medication, the individual reaction cannot always be predicted. The Trial Pack helps determine which works best by enabling you to change medications, without having to consult a doctor again.
How to use the Trial Pack efficiently?
Make yourself familiar with the characteristics of each medication before getting started. Read the package leaflet and be sure you know when to take the pill and how long it will last. Take no more than one pill a day according to the instructions. Continue with the same medicine till you finish all four tablets unless you experience severe side effects. Be aware of your physical reactions to find out if anything is unique. Do not mix the different medications, always start a new type only after you finish the previous, as there can be interactions between the medication.
What do I do after I finish the Trial Pack?
If you were able to monitor yourself, you would have gained enough understanding of how the different medications work and what makes them unique for you. Based on these insights you can now use our online doctor and pharmacy service to order the medication you found most suiting. You can use the online consultation to request a larger package to continue your treatment.
How do I receive the Trial Pack or other treatment?
You will find a simple medical questionnaire, designated to Erectile Dysfunction treatments when you start your consultation at DoktorABC. One of our doctors reviews your answers and if he finds the requested medications may be right for you, he will issue a prescription and approve your order. Should there arise any questions or concerns, the doctor may contact you online for more information or recommend an alternative. You receive the pack the following day.
In which dosages are medications available?
In the Erectile Dysfunction Trial Packs, we offer the standard starting doses for each of the medications. All medications are available in additional dosages as well.
The dosage of Sildenafil in Viagra and its generic medications varies from 25mg, 50mg to 100mg. The maximum dosage for one day is 100mg. Our Trial Packs contain 50mg tablets.
The dosage of Tadalafil in Cialis and its generic medications is 10mg or 20mg when taken on demand. Our Trial Packs contain 10mg tablets. There are also lower dosed versions intended for regular daily intake.
Levitra is available with 5mg, 10mg (see Trial Pack) or 20mg of Vardenafil. No more than 20mg should be taken a day.
Spedra has a range from 50mg (see Trial Pack), 100mg to 200mg of Avanafil. 200mg should not be exceeded in one day.
How do I know which dosage to take?
The dosage depends mostly on your body weight, your physical condition, your age and severity of the Erectile Dysfunction. The tablets offered in the ED Trial Pack are the most widely used and usually recommended by doctors for first use. It is important to note, that a higher dose does not intensify the effectiveness of the medicine, but increases the risk of side effects. If a medication was not effective for you, you should consult the doctor. Likewise, if you wish to change the dosage, you need to involve the doctor.
Which side effects can occur with Erectile Dysfunction medicines?
Very common side effects / more than 1 in 10 users
- Viagra / Sildenafil: Headache
- Levitra / Vardenafil: Headache
Common side effects - up to 1 in 10 users
- Viagra / Sildenafil: Nausea, facial flushing, hot flush (symptoms include a sudden feeling of heat in your upper body), indigestion, colour tinge to vision, blurred vision, visual disturbance, stuffy nose, and dizziness.
- Cialis / Tadalafil: Headache, back pain, muscle aches, pain in arms and legs, facial flushing, nasal congestion, and indigestion.
- Levitra / Vardenafil: Dizziness, flushing, runny nose, indigestion
- Spedra / Avanafil: Headache, flushing, nasal congestion
Uncommon side effects - up to 1 in 100 users
- Viagra / Sildenafil: Vomiting, skin rash, various eye and vision irritations, rapid pounding heartbeat, high blood pressure, low blood pressure, muscle pain, feeling sleepy, reduced sense of touch, vertigo, ringing in the ears, dry mouth, blocked sinuses, nosebleed, upper abdominal pain, gastro-oesophageal reflux disease (symptoms include heartburn), blood in urine, and more.
- Cialis / Tadalafil: Dizziness, vomiting, stomach ache, gastro-oesophageal reflux (heartburn), blurred vision, eye pain, difficulty in breathing, blood in urine, prolonged erection, rapid pounding heartbeat, high blood pressure, low blood pressure, nose bleeds, ringing in the ears, swelling of the hands, feet or ankles and feeling tired and more.
- Levitra / Vardenafil: Swelling (skin, including swollen face), sleep disorder, impaired perception of touch, effects on eyes and vision, ringing in the ears; vertigo, fast pounding heart, breathlessness, acid reflux, gastritis, abdominal pain, diarrhoea, vomiting, dry mouth, raised levels of liver enzymes, reddened skin, muscle pain, muscle stiffness, prolonged erections and more.
- Spedra / Avanafil: Dizziness, feeling sleepy or very tired, sinus congestion, back pain, hot flushes, feeling out of breath when you exert yourself, racing heartbeat, heartbeat changes seen on a heart tracing (ECG), feeling your heartbeat in your chest (palpitations), indigestion, insomnia, vomiting, effects on eyes and vision, blurry vision, raised liver enzymes.
If you have an allergic reaction, get pain in the chest or have a sudden loss of vision, do not take any other medications, but consult a doctor. Should you experience speech difficulties or extreme weakness of the limbs or your erection lasts for a few hours and becomes painful after taking the medication, please contact a doctor.
When not to take these medications?
All medications with PDE-5 inhibiting ingredients cause blood pressure to decrease. Do not take them if you:
- have irregular low blood pressure
- have suffered a heart attack or a stroke recently
- have a severe heart condition or a severe liver problem
- have been diagnosed with certain eye diseases (see package insert)
- are taking nitrates or blood pressure regulating medications
In the following cases, special caution must be taken and the doctor needs to be consulted:
- When you have a cardiovascular disease or bleeding disorders
- when you suffer from stomach ulcers
- if you have a deformity of the penis
For more information see the package leaflet of the relevant medication.
The Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) is the leaflet included in the pack with a medicine. It is written for patients and gives information about taking or using a medicine. It is possible that the leaflet in your medicine pack may differ from the PDF-version from this website because it may have been updated since your medicine was packaged or the medicine is from another brand.