Premature ejaculation describes the inability of a man prolonging or controlling his ejaculation.
Mostly this means that ejaculation takes place within seconds after engaging into sexual intercourse, although some men may experience premature ejaculation even before penetration.
Prices from £27.90
(incl. prescription + next day delivery)
We offer treatments for Premature Ejaculation:
One of the most common forms of male sexual dysfunction is premature ejaculation. Premature ejaculation happens, when the man ejaculates quickly during a sexual penetration.
According to some studies, the average time to have an ejaculation during a sexual intercourse is around five-and-a-half minutes. This study selected from five different countries, 500 couples. Does not exist a normal time that sex should last. This is must be decided by the couple, the time that they feel happy about it.
There is nothing to concern if sometimes you have premature ejaculation. However, if you realize that around half of your sexual intercourses is a premature ejaculation, you can have some help and get a treatment.
Premature ejaculation: Causes
Premature ejaculation can have a range of causes, both psychological and physical. A man can, suddenly, has this experience including common causes below:
- using recreational drugs;
- problems in the prostate;
- had has thyroid problems (as thyroid gland being overactive or underactive);
- problems in a relationship;
- be anxious about the performance in sex (usually when the relationship is new or if the man had problems in his sexual performance in the past);
There are some causes not so common, for man who always had premature ejaculation since the beginning of his sexual life. Some possible causes are:
- Biological reason - when the man feels his penis too sensitive;
- When the man had, in his childhood, a trauma in his sexual experience (for example a sexual abuse or being caught during a masturbation)
- When the man has specific beliefs about sex and some strict education;
- Conditioning – a sexual behavior in the past can lead to maintain the same behavior in the future ( for example, a teenager can start to ejaculate quickly to do not being caught during the masturbation and this behavior cannot be easy to get rid of);
Premature ejaculation: treatments
Before you get some medical help, you should try some measures by yourself.
There are many things that can help, as follow:
- you can take a break during the sex or you can start to think about something boring;
- you can choose you on top during the sex, so you can control to stop when you are able to ejaculate;
- you can also breathe deeply so you are able to interrupt the ejaculatory reflex ( during the ejaculation, the body does this automatic reflex);
- you can use a condom more thick to help you to decrease the sensation during the penetration;
- you can, one hour or two before sex, masturbate;
Couples therapy can have benefit for man who is in a long- term relationship.
The therapist, during the session, will give you two possible solutions:
- regarding relationship issues, the therapist will invite the couples to talk about it and then give you some advice to fix these problems;
- the therapist can also explain some techniques to help you lose the habit of premature ejaculation (These two techniques widely used are called the “stop-go” and “squeeze” );
The technique called “Squeeze”: Your partner needs to masturbate you, for a time and stops before you ejaculate. After this, between 10 to 20 seconds, your partner needs to squeeze the head of your penis. Then, he needs to wait for 30 seconds and starts again to masturbate you. You can do this technique many times until you are ready to ejaculate.
The technique called “Stop-go” is almost the same but your partner does not squeeze your penis. You can start doing sex: stopping and starting again as many times, you want, when you feel more comfortable and could hold the ejaculation for more time.
Both techniques are simple but you need to practice to become efficient.
SSRIs - Antidepressants
There are some medicines called Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors (SSRIs) designed to treat depression, but you can also use to delay ejaculation.
For this use, we can mention:
The full effects of these medicines will happen for one to two weeks after you take the medication. Just some men have the experience an improvement at the beginning of the treatment.
In the UK, there is one SSRI licensed. Dapoxetine (Priligy) is designed to treat premature ejaculation. This medicine acts faster than the others mentioned above, and because of that can be taken “on demand”. You cannot take more than once a day and probably the doctor recommends you to take from one to three hour before sex.
The doctor will revise the response of your treatment after 6 doses or four weeks and then every six months.
Men with some problems as liver, kidney and heart disorders will not be recommended to use Dapoxetine. This medicine is also not recommended for men who use other medicines, for example antidepressants.
This medicine can have side effects, including:
- feeling sick;
Others treatments: condoms and topical anesthetics
Some topical anesthetics, for example prilocaine and lidocaine, can help to decrease the sensation in your penis but can also decrease the sensation in the vagina through the absorption of this anesthetic. The use of condoms can be very effective and the combination to local anesthesia and condoms can have better results.
Our Service in 3 Simple Steps
Complete a simple online health questionnaire
Our GP will issue your prescription, if the medication is safe for you
You will receive your medication the next day